Get Help Quitting
You don’t have to do this alone, we are here to help! If you live or work in Orange County, California you can call 1-866-NEW-LUNG (1-866-639-5864) or sign up below to receive free in-person, over the phone, or
10 Ways to Resist Tobacco Cravings
- Delay. Most urges last 3-5 minutes.
- Avoid having ‘just one.’ More often than not, having just one leads to another.
- Get physical. Just 30 minutes of physical activity can make a tobacco craving go away. Exercise can also help relieve stress during the quitting process.
- Practice relaxation techniques. Breathe deeply, do yoga, get a massage or go for a walk.
- Remember the benefits of quitting. Write it down or say it out loud.
- Distract yourself. Take a break, read a magazine, or do something you enjoy that will take your mind off tobacco.
- Drink water. It can help flush nicotine out of your system.
- Call for support. Chat on the phone to get support from a friend or family member.
- Munch on it. Chew on nuts, carrot sticks or gum when an urge for tobacco hits instead.
- Prevent or manage triggers. Identify your trigger situations to better prepare yourself.