Thinking About Quitting? Here's What Happens to Your Body When You Quit
- 12 Hours: Blood oxygen levels increase as toxic levels of carbon monoxide leave the body.
- 48 Hours: The ability to taste and smell is improved.
- 3 Days: The body is now nicotine free. Watch out for those withdrawal symptoms like headaches, nausea, and anxiety.
- 2-12 Weeks: It’s easier to exercise without feeling winded.
- 1-9 Months: Lung function begins to improve.
- 5 Years: The risk of heart disease is reduced by 50%.