Be Free to Breathe
Is hookah addictive?
- Hookah smoking can have as much nicotine as a cigarette, which can lead to addiction.
Is it really that harmful?
- Some hookah users claim to experience a “high,” but they may be in the early stages of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- This is because the charcoal used to heat the tobacco produces smoke that contains high levels of toxic compounds, including carbon monoxide, heavy metals, and cancer causing chemicals.
Hookah vs. cigarettes: which is worse?
- Hookah smoke contains the same amount of chemicals as cigarette smoke.
- Contrary to popular belief, the water at the base of the hookah does not filter out any of these chemicals; instead it cools the smoke making it easier to inhale.