Be Free to Keep Them Safe
What is second hand smoke?
- The combination of smoke from the lit end of a cigarette and the smoke exhaled by someone smoking.
How much is too much?
- Second hand smoke immediately affects the heart, blood vessels, and circulation in harmful ways.
- Even brief exposure can set the cancer process in motion, and just one hour of exposure can increase stiffness in arteries.
What’s the risk?
- Second hand smoke contains even more chemicals than smoke inhaled by someone smoking. That is over 7,000 chemicals.
- Almost 50,000 deaths a year are linked to second hand smoke.